Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:04:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it just me, or are people forgetting how to write mail?

In article <199802171855.KAA24586.kithrup.freebsd.chat@hub.freebsd.org> jmb writes:
>> In particular, people are starting not to
>> interleave answer and original text, the original reason for quoting
>> messages, but just appending them at the end of the message, so that
>> after about three iterations you have to look in four different places
>> to find the references.
>	i just delete those messages.
>	i dont have the time to dig out the material,
>	the persoan asking or commenting should be polite enough to
>	do the minimum. ;)

So you delete all messags from Jordan?  While admittedly a way to cut down on
your daily amount of email, I'd think Terry would be a better candidate...

For news, I just send people a copy of a news.announce.newusers posting.
If/when they respond with flames ("who the hell made you net.cop?"), I
typically just add them to my .procmailrc file.  *sigh*

And how about netcom's abuse people, who reply by including the entire spam,
and, *at the bottome*, saying what action they've taken?

Bah.