Date:      Tue, 6 May 2003 20:31:17 -0500
From:      "Cagle, John (ISS-Houston)" <john.cagle@hp.com>
To:        <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: HP ProLiant DL360G3 rebuttal... ;-)

FreeBSD is not currently an officially supported operating system, but
we're doing as much as we can to ensure that FreeBSD (-stable &
-current) will install and run well on ProLiant servers.  We also
provide some technical support to the maintainers of the bge and ciss
drivers.

To provide official "tier-one" support (drivers for advanced features,
management agents, deployment software, regression testing, customer
support, services, etc.) would be very costly, and, at this time, the
FreeBSD market share numbers don't support that level of investment.

Regards,
John
John Cagle     john.cagle@hp.com
Principal Member Technical Staff