Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:59:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   xdm is not working in 4.6-RELEASE

Hello Pals,

I have installed FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE in a new computer,
I also installed X and KDE,  verything is working fine
except xdm.

I'm sure X is working because "startx" works.

In my /etc/ttys, I changed:

ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off  secure
						^^ "on"

to:

ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on   secure

and then:

	kill -HUP 1

my computer started blinking but even X did not start.

My computer was working perfectly fine with this changes in
version 4.5-RELEASE but not now.

Do you have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

	-Eduardo