Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:46:26 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Small update for the list of supported systems

--==_Exmh_832572646P

If memory serves me right, Udo Erdelhoff wrote:

> I have attached a small patch to the release notes for sparc64 that
> list Netra t1120/1125 and Enterprise 4500 servers as supported
> systems; it also changes the status of isp(4) cards from 'should
> work soon' to 'working'.
>
> All changes are based on my personal experience (I only used an
> sbus isp(4) card and did not try the PCI variant, so there is
> some room for error).
>
> Unless there are objection, I'll run this by re@ for inclusion in
> the releates notes.

On a related note:  I'd still like to see the hardware notes for sparc64
start to use the generic file (common/dev.sgml) rather than a file
created especially for sparc64 (sparc64/dev-sparc64.sgml), if that's
feasible.  Ultimately this will make maintenence of the hardware notes a
lot easier, but it's not clear to me how well it'll work at this point
in time.

(Note, however, that sparc64/dev-sparc64.sgml has exactly one revision,
committed almost a year ago.  I'm pretty sure it needs some updating.)

Cheers,

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_832572646P

--==_Exmh_832572646P--