Date:      Tue, 23 May 2006 16:59:37 -0500
From:      Andrew <andrew.chace@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   standalone libraries for SFTP and SMB

Hello,

I'm writing a small application that saves files over a network. I'd
like to add support for SFTP and SMB. Does anyone know of an independent
library for each?

I'd like to use libsmbclient from the Samba project, but I haven't found
a simple way to build the library without installing all of Samba.

OpenSSH includes an SFTP binary, of course, but I'd have to rewrite
several complex makefiles to generate it without installing all of
OpenSSH.

Thought about using the libraries from Gnome-VFS, but they have quite a
few dependencies, and are sort of overkill for this project.

So yes, I have a couple of options, and yes I'm a little bit lazy. Why
reinvent the wheel? ;-)

Thanks,
-Andrew