Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:43:03 +1030
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Christopher Sean Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using svn to checkout a deprecated port.

On 19/02/2013 05:53, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use svn to checkout the old "security/cfs" port so I can
> do a one-time transfer of some data off of a USB drive. At the end of
> the day, I just need the one port so if the cvs repository is
> available I could also get it that way. In either case, I'm trying to
> do the equivalent of:
>
> $ cvs co -r '2011/10/01' $FreeBSDportsRepo security/cvs
>
> in English, I want to checkout security/cvs from ports as it existed
> on October 1st, 2011 (the port was deprecated on November 1st 2011.

It appears that checking out a deleted path doesn't work even if you
specify a rev that it exists in. But checking out the parent works.
I'd check it out to another dir then copy the specific files over.

svn co -r 282000 svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head/security/

You can change the svn.freebsd.org to svn0.us-east.FreeBSD.org or
svn0.us-west.FreeBSD.org

For reference I went to http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports and clicked the
revision number at the top (above the sticky revision box) then tried
jumping to a few different rev numbers till I got close to a commit date
just before 2011/10/01. Once you have the rev you want you can go back
up to ports (link at top of page) and enter a sticky revision. Then you
can go to security/cfs and view the files.