Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:38:23 +0200
From:      Alessandro Dellavedova <alessandro.dellavedova@ifom-ieo-campus.it>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports and jails

Dear FreeBSD developers/port maintainers,

first of all, thank you for your work. You are doing great things
providing  a state-of-the-art OS.

I was thinking the following:

In our infrastructure we use some daemons (bind, dhcp, openldap) that
must run into a jail for security reasons.. do you think that having a
keyword JAILED=YES in the Makefiles of ports would be useful ?

Something like make install PREFIX=/path/to/jail JAILED=YES will be
difficult to implement ?

Best regards,

Alex

Alessandro Dellavedova
IT Manager
European Institute of Oncology  - Department of  Experimental Oncology