Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:29:56 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu, Charlie Root <blaz@satx.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail junk, other questions

In the last episode (Nov 14), Kevin Oberman said:
> I recently ran into this problem, too. The source is that /etc/rc
> DOES run sendmail regardless of the value of sendmail_enable if there
> is a recoverable vi session on the system.

Well, it runs /usr/sbin/sendmail which is a symlink to
/usr/sbin/mailwrapper, which will happily run whatever program you put
in /etc/mailer.conf.  The problem is that "/usr/bin/sendmail" is sort
of the defacto mail submissio command, so if you change
mailers you still have to provide for mail submission via "sendmail".

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com