Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:21:30 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Rik Wade <rik@rikwade.com>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: don't know how to make dummy.c

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:19:14AM +0100, Rik Wade wrote:

> I am running "FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Wed Jul  7 12:02:51 BST 2004",
> built with a customised GENERIC configuration and am following the
> instructions to upgrade to 64-bit time_t.
>
> I am up to the point where I buildworld on the new kernel and am getting
> the following error. Could anyone offer advice on how to correct this?
> Looking at the makefile, it appears as though it is trying to compile
> dummy.c as a last resort after failing some 'if' conditions. Normally I
> would hack it around and see what worked, but with the system being in
> limbo between time_t values....

The times I've seen something weird like this were due to the system's
clock being something totally unreasonable.  Check to see what the
current time is on the system and if it's wrong manually set it to
something realistic and try the build again.

If that's not it let us know.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu