Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 1995 20:35:51 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   On ESDI install.

Hi there,

Some time ago I promised to write a ESDI-Howto section of the
FBSD handbook. From the confusion that still reigns I get the
impression this is sorely needed ;-)

My problem is I really are only slowly getting some idea about
what should go into that chapter 8) There isn't much point in
getting more confusion.

Question: who has ever tried an ESDI controller != WD1007 ?
I have one working myself now, but like to know how other controllers
work. Although I'm hunting for a Adaptec 2322 I still only have
a WD1007. And the 2322 has a number of variants.

So: please send your input.

Related question, might be a silly one: I just noticed that after
installing 205R on the said WD1007 system the disklabel has
rpm=0 and rotdelay=0. Why??

Rotdelay=0 is used for (e.g.) SCSI drives with caches, yes?

Wilko