Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:59:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        "J. Goodleaf" <goodleaf@goodleaf.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pgp4pine eats replies

Having tried way too many configurations of pgp4pine, I've decided to nuke
all traces of pgp completely from my system and try again from scratch.
Before I do, which version of pgp do you recommend, as there are 4 in the
ports collection to choose from. Also, what version of Pine are you using?
I still have the source code for pgp4pine-1.75, so I'll fight again
tomorrow.

TIA.

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, J. Goodleaf wrote:

> Well that's a puzzler. I had no problem once I shifted to version 1.75. Of
> course, I never used PGP 5. Perhaps it would be worthwhile grabbing the
> 6.5.1i port? (It's still a beta I think, but I have never had a problem
> with it.) I guess I would recommend a careful looking-over of your
> .pgp4pinerc file. In particular, check the sections for ASCII
> armoring--should be on, detached signatures--mine is off, and universal
> text, which should also be on.

Same as yours.

> When you put in 1.75 did you make sure to get rid of 1.74 completely?

Yes.

Dru