Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 08:37:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-Hackers <FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Hard disk problems

I was wondering if someone can explain the error message I'm suddenly
seeing on bootup of one of my systems.  It hangs with the message:

ncr0: SCSI phase error fixup: CCB already dequeued (0xf2467200)
ncr0 timeout ccb=f2466600 skip
ncr0 timeout ccb=f2466800 skip
ncr0 timeout ccb=f2466a00 skip
ncr0 timeout ccb=f2467200 skip
(hangs here)

I need to know what it means, and if there's any way to recover from it
without having to lose the whole disk (my boot disk, darn it!)  I get this
error on the system after it does the full fsck (successfully), and the
system has (in total) 2 - 2G disks (this is the first one), 1 - 200 meg
disk, and one cdrom, all scsi, all hooked to one ncr 825 controller
(Tyan).

Thanks!

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |