Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 01:51:46 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        sobomax@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/20066: xfig crashes with SIGSEGV when built with XFree86 4.0.1

sobomax@FreeBSD.org wrote:

> AFAIK Xaw3d is an ugly hack which might or might not work properly with
> XF4.0.1. Please try to reproduce the problem using standard Xaw toolkit which
> comes with XF4.0.1 and report is the problem persists.

Xfig works fine when linked to Xaw instead of Xaw3d, indeed. This is
interesting. I built games/{3dc,xfrisk,xmine} (all of them use Xaw3d)
and they work perfectly. Obviously these programs do not trigger
the Xaw3d bug/incompatibility that xfig does.

Thanks,
-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **