Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 10:38:19 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, capriotti@geocities.com, tom@sdf.com
Subject:   Re: X based Free installation

If it was on a CD, you got probably get a minimal live filesystem running
XF86_VGA16 and use Tcl/Tk. It the VGA failed to initialize, fall back on
the cons25 Tcl (or use ctk).

That approach would not work for FTP or floppy installs, but may be
useful to Walnut Creek.

You could also set up a live filesystem over NFS to do the same, which
would be pretty slick for multiple installs.

Kevin