Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:15:33 +0200
From:      "Gert Lynge" <gert@lynge.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Server rebooting itself

>I have a 6.1 machine (AMD X2-5200) that reboots itself from time to time
for
>no apparent reason.

Using HTTP accept filters by any chance?

I am investigating a similar problem - running FreeBSD 6.2 on a SupreMicro
server.
Rebooted randomly from 1-2 times a week to 3-4 times a day. Seemed to be
load related...
No kernel dump, nothing i logs, nothing in the IPMI-cards log. Actually no
clues at all :-/.

I think I narrowed it down to HTTP Accept Filters with the Apache server.
When I disabled those the problem disapered (running without reboots for 9
days now)...
I still need to confirm it 100% by re-enabling it - but I want more uptime
on the box first (just to be sure).

Regards
    Gert Lynge