Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:17:29 -0600
From:      Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
To:        Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass9573@gmx.com>
Cc:        Gary Gatten <Ggatten@waddell.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, raulbecette@unp.edu.ar, wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Subject:   Re: Gateway load balance

I've not yet had the luck with assigning more than one default gateway
in BSD, compared to Windows and my crash course with Linux (which my
opinion still stands as it was when I first used it).

See my thread I started earlier..
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2009-May/199653.html

The thread is broken because the replier wrote to me personally for
clarification, after which he sent his answer to the list.

I just recently tried the setfib way, and it still didn't work.  Was
getting errors but I can't recall them at the moment.  So a firewall's
"routing table" that's based on source/destination has to be
redirected.  I've seen the pf firewall do that.

OpenBSD's FAQ on pf (the creator of pf) is very good, consult it if
you have questions.
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf