Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2001 22:02:07 -0400
From:      "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@4evermail.com>
To:        "'Jim Weeks'" <jim@siteplus.net>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: arplookup failed:

Jim,

What you may have done is you may have set your NIC card into
promiscuous mode, which tells the NIC card to intercept all packets on
that network, not just the ones meant for that particular machine. What
you may have seen could have been a result of that. -- Jonathan

Jonathan Slivko - 4EverMail.COM - www.4evermail.com
   Web Hosting - Web Desgin - UNIX Shell Accounts
   JSlivko@4evermail.com - Phone: (212) 663-1109