Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 21:03:25 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Doug White wrote:

> On Thu, 16 May 2002, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>

> > In the course of my searches through Google, concerning this, I came
> > across a pointer to:
> >
> > 	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/advanced.html
> >
> > which documents how to get more information based on the instruction
> > pointer ... in this case, an ip of 0x0 shows nothing, unless:
> >
> > 	00000000 A globaldata
> >
> > 	means something?
>
> Yes, we call it "a null pointer dereference in kernel." You want to grab
> the crashdump and backtrace it to see where the bad data sprouted from.

Crashdump?  If you can tell me how to get one out of a 4gig server, I'll
gladly get one for you ... its not the first time she's crashed, nor do I
expect it to be the last ;(

Actually, I have a file system with 8gig of space on it right now:

Filesystem     1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/amrd1s1a   66972328 54713191  8240798    87%    /v1

Any way of using that for the crash dump?  Its a remote server, so I can't
use DDB on this :(