Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:47:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Keith Seyffarth <weif@weif.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problem upgrading

When trying to re-install ruby on my system, I receive this error:

On FreeBSD before 6.2 ports system unfortunately can not set default
X11BASE by itself so please help it a bit by setting
X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} in make.conf.
On the other hand, if you do wish to use non-default X11BASE, please
set variable USE_NONDEFAULT_X11BASE.

However, even if I edit /etc/make.conf and add either
X11BASE=${LOCALBASE} or X11BASE=/usr/X11R6, I still get this
error.

Any suggestions or recommendations on how to get ruby installed?

output of uname -a:
FreeBSD computer.weif.net 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu Nov
3 09:36:13 UTC 2005
root@x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386