Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 18:44:22 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert), freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with my Wincast, fxtv

>From The Desk Of Michael Smith :
> I'd prefer not to debate it either.  I think that it's sufficiently
> separate that when the time comes it can be relocated without
> adversely affecting anything at all.  I merely resent the effort
> that's being put into standalone PnP-for-sound-cards-only work where
> the same effort could be better spent on a generalised push.

As far as I know Luigi's PnP efforts are not tied to the sound
driver and we are using the sound driver as a testbed for PnP support.

Given that Luigi's sound driver is coming along nicely, the issue of PnP
will be arriving on this forum shortly and from a sound driver perspective
it is a *primary* requirement .

	Amancio