Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 22:59:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@nike.efn.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: User-mode PPP, -auto, and -direct

On Thu, 26 Oct 1995, Nate Williams wrote:

[...]

> to be a dedicated auto-dialing program?  Also, what do the openmode
> 'passive' and 'active' flags stand for?

I'm not sure if this is correct... but on pppd in active mode it would
send out lcp packets (I think they're the ones) to tell the other end that
it is there and ready to talk... in passive mode it just waits for
them...  hope this is right... TTYL..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
Modem/FAX: (503) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)