Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:55:56 -0600
From:      John <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        "Daniel S. Haischt" <me@stefan.haischt.name>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lost my X11 config - what was the old tool to build it?

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 11:04:52PM +0100, Daniel S. Haischt wrote:
> Did you read:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html

AWESOME!

My bad - I assumed that the procedure that /stand/sysinstall lead
me through would be what was documented in the handbook - boy, was
I wrong!

The clear, well-documented, relative short procedure in the handbook
got me up and running very quickly.  My entire kde environment from
4.9-STABLE was recovered.  Well, almost.  Now I just have to figure
out why the xdm login is running in mono mode (though it switches to
full color after I log in), and how I resolve the apparent conflicts
between xorg and XFree86 for OpenOffice.org, which I dearly want to
have back up and running.

--

John Lind
john@starfire.MN.ORG