Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 02:05:05 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MINI HEADS UP [was Re: libusb build broken due to structure member renaming]

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 04:57:31PM -0700, John Reynolds wrote:
>=20
> I'm copying this message to -stable where it is also appropriate. Alfred =
just
> MFC'ed some changes to the USB stack (renaming some members of structures
> provided by usb.h). This breaks building the port devel/libusb (recently =
bumped
> to version 0.1.5). I am aware of this. Alfred is going to bump
> __FreeBSD_version for both -stable and -current (no ETA given) so that ei=
ther
> the libusb code or make(1) can be trained to DTRT. I'm aware of the break=
age at
> this point in compiling this port and will do my best to rectify things
> quickly.
>=20

Bear in mind that usb.h in -current and in -stable are different, and
that the usb event structure is different now.

The latest patch set for -stable is at
    http://www.josef-k.net:/misc/RELENG_4-USB-20020226.patch.gz

I intend to commit this once I've received some feedback that it
generally works.

Joe

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt--