Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:23:28 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Ian Freislich <ianf@za.uu.net>
Cc:        Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
Subject:   Re: IDE DVD playback on 5.1-CURRENT

Ian Freislich wrote:
> Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>
>>I've asked this same question on freebsd-questions an on #freebsd
>>(freenode), but haven't gotten any answer, so I thought I'd ask on here.
>>
>>I'm hoping someone can help me out here.
>>
>>I recently moved a firewire card and DVD drive that had been in my FreeBSD
>>box to another computer.  I replaced it with an IDE DVD drive.  The
>>probelm is that now I can't get mplayer or vlc to play any DVDs that had
>>previously worked with the firewire drive.
>>
>>I have, of course, made sure that /dev/dvd is a symbolic link to /dev/acd0
>>instead of /dev/cd0 (as it used to be).  The only difference that I can
>>think of is that FreeBSD sees the firewire drive as a scsi drive and sees
>>the ide drive as an ide drive.
>

> Have you tried (from mplayer's man page):
>
> 	-dvd-device <path to device>
> 	      Override default DVD device name /dev/dvd.

Actually, I recall some player on which you just had to mount the dvd,
and them point them at the path where the dvd was mounted.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
	dcs@newsguy.com
	dcs@freebsd.org
	capo@notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

I will follow the good side right to the fire,
but not into it if I can help it.
		-- Michel Eyquem de Montaigne