Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:34:59 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Which inode contains a given bad block?

Yesterday, I had to clean up a couple of bad blocks in my /usr
filesystem.  Is there a utility that will help me to figure out which
inodes, if any, contained the bad blocks?

In the olden days, this used to be possible, with icheck's "-b" option.
Unfortunately, icheck has been replaced by fsck, which doesn't have that
functionality.

Short of writing a program myself, is there a way to do it under
FreeBSD?

Thanks,
John