Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:29:53 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <kalts@estpak.ee>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DISABLE_PSE & DISABLE_PG_G still needed?

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 02:59:32AM -0800, Terry Lambert
<tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:

> > The kernel compiled from yesterday sources and with the
> > abovementioned options disabled will not finish make -j2 buildworld
> > on P4. Dies with bus error:
> >
> > /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/termios.c: In function `tcgetpgrp':
> > /usr/src/lib/libc/gen/termios.c:104: internal error: Bus error
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>; for instructions.
> >
> > Are those options still needed? They are commented out in NOTES and
> > shouldn't be necessary, right?
>
> What happens if you add those options?  Does it still crash?

Just finished '-j2 buildworld' and it did well with kernel which had
the options enabled. Therefore I suppose that those options are
still absolutely necessary to make use of -current system. These
options should be uncommented in NOTES and added to GENERIC
otherwise new users will be trapped. All old -current users have
those options probably enabled for a while, that's because there are
no complaints. Actually, I'm not complaining, just testing out the
bad things I have encountered in the near past. This darn
5.0-RELEASE is nearing way too fast considering the state of
-current today.
--

Vallo Kallaste
kalts@estpak.ee