Date:      Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:12:23 +0100
From:      - <user@celeritystorm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dump with -L flag - machine truely unresponsive

I have never used -L, but according to the manpage, it takes a live
snapshot. It would make sense to suspend the partitions (as your logs
show) in order to ensure the integrity of the data. Hence, you cannot do
any other operations while this is in progress.

I could be wrong, just following intuition here.