Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 21:33:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Daniel C. Konnoff" <daniel@mysonusa.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.2 cdrom June 97

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Daniel C. Konnoff wrote:

> Hello:
>
> 	Two questions:
>
> 	1) with fvwm2 running on this machine with 64meg of RAM I
> 	continually get the message "cannot fork" while attempting
> 	to start new applications. This occurs with 6 windows open
> 	and a few user process running (netscape, pine). Also occurs
> 	with both the generic and custom kernel - kernel config file
> 	is included at the end of this message. I bumped up MAXUSERS
> 	but this did not help.

Are you getting console messages regarding the login capabilities as well?
Does /etc/login.conf exist?  See
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.2-RELEASE/ERRATA.TXT for more info.

> 	2) also with fvwm2 running the BASH profile does not get sourced
> 	when new x-term windows are opened. The profile file is the one
> 	supplied when new user accounts are added to the system using
> 	the cdrom command.

Are you sure that bash is getting called in an xterm and not /bin/sh?  Is
your `BASH profile' in .profile or .bash_profile (or whatever it is)?

> options		KTRACE		#kernel tracing

You'll probably want to take this out.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo