Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:10:14 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <reso3w83@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports

On Monday 14 February 2005 08:53 am, Christopher McGee wrote:
> Paul Schmehl wrote:
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Erik Norgaard"
> > <norgaard@locolomo.org>
> > To: "Paul Schmehl" <pauls@utdallas.edu>
> > Cc: "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>;
> > <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005
> > 2:43 PM
> > Subject: Re: Ports
> >
> >> Taking an arbitrary post, it appears that make.conf is not always
> >> the best place since this sets options globally. But thanks, I
> >> have now learned how to get my ports compiled with support for a4
> >> paper and _not_ letter :-)
> >
> > While that is true, you can also set options for individual ports.
> >
> > Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
> > Adjunct Information Security Officer
> > The University of Texas at Dallas
> > AVIEN Founding Member
> > http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/
>
> Could you please give some detail about setting options for
> individual ports in make.conf?  Maybe I missed something in 'man
> make.conf' or 'man ports' but everything seems to refer to global
> options.  The only example I've found is in man portmanager, but I'm
> still a little unsure about the how to do it properly.

This example from portmanager's manual is how to do it in make.conf:

      .if ${.CURDIR:M*/local/sysutils/portmanager}
      PREFIX=/home/mike/TEMP
      .endif
      #
      .if ${.CURDIR:M*/multimedia/mplayer}
      WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=yes WITHOUT_RUNTIME_CPUDETECTION=yes \
      WITH_GTK1=yes WITH_RTC=yes WITH_LIBUNGIF=yes WITH_ARTS=yes \
      WITH_FRIBIDI=yes WITH_CDPARANOIA=yes WITH_LIBDV=yes        \
      WITH_MAD=yes WITH_SVGALIB=yes WITH_AALIB=yes WITH_THEORA=yes    \
      WITH_SDL=yes WITH_ESOUND=yes WITH_VORBIS=yes WITH_XANIM=yes     \
      WITH_LIVEMEDIA=yes WITH_MATROSKA=yes WITH_XVID=yes WITH_LZO=yes \
      WITH_XMMS=yes WITH_LANG=en
      .endif

Just change the  "multimedia/mplayer" of

 .if ${.CURDIR:M*/multimedia/mplayer}

to the port you want to save settings for.  It is interpreted
as something like "when the current directory matches this pattern, use
these WITH_* values"

-Mike