Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:13:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   burncd problems, ignoring speed

Hi,

burncd has been working great with my new cd-rw for data cds.  It's fast
and has no problem burning data cds at 32x.

However, I tried burning some audio tracks, and it was a total mess,
clicks, pops, skips.  I'd followed the handbook recommendation to step the
speed down to about 4x, same deal.  I was running "time" in front of the
command, and noticed that no matter what speed I ran at, it was finishing
450MB in 7 minutes.

The CD-RW I have is:

acd0: CD-RW <VERBATIM 321240AL> at ata1-master PIO4

This is under 4.6.2.

Any ideas what's happening?  If the CD-RW is not officially supported with
burncd, whom do I contact about supplying more info on this drive?

Charles

--
Charles Sprickman
spork@inch.com