Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 15:27:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Evgeny Roubinchtein <eroubinc@u.washington.edu>
To:        Jesse <jesse@uniserve.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ftp/Dir Structs

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Jesse wrote:

>how would I, or what command (includeing any switches), do I use to
>download a full directory and all sub directories there in..

I don't think the default FreeBSD's ftp client supports that, but there
are many utilities in the ports collection that will do it. Some examples
are lftp's mirror command, wget's "-r" (or "--recursive") option, etc
(ncftp -?). Also some servers run smart daemons, so you can say "get
somdir.tar", or "get somedir.tar.gz" and get an archive containing the dir
and its subdirs automagically (ftp.xemacs.org is like this, for instance).

As for the specific options, you will have to look at the man/info pages
for whatever command you end up deciding on.

--
Evgeny Roubinchtein, eroubinc@u.washington.edu
Trojan:  Storage device for replicating codes...