Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 08:58:09 -1000
From:      "Arthur W. Neilson III" <art@pilikia.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        oetiker@ee.ethz.ch
Subject:   Re: sendmail traffic analysis

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions on the sendmail traffic
analysis, the ideas regarding ucd-snmp's exec interface lead to
me developing a small c program which adheres to the pass-through
control specs http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/man/snmpd.conf.html
which allows me to specify the data type of the objects return value.

I even got a response from tobias oetiker, the developer of mrtg
who gave me the excellent suggestion of using postfix and rrdtool
for the graphing! http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~dws/software/mailgraph/
I don't have time right now implement a mail system other than
sendmail however will definitely have to explore this in the future
as I've heard postfix is teriffic as is rrdtool.
--
    __
   /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.