Date:      Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:23:23 +0200
From:      Ingeborg Hellemo <Ingeborg.Hellemo@cc.uit.no>
To:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer2@gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Qlogic FC-card can't find disk on SATAbeast

kheuer2@gwdg.de said:
> In such a case I'd try to boot the system using Knoppix or any other Linux
> system. Maybe this will give you some additional diagnostics which helps  to
> make progress with FreeBSD. On the other hand, if Linux doesn't see the  disk
> too, you'd have to look closer to your hardware.

New data point:

We moved the card to a machine running CentOS with drivers from Qlogic and
experienced no problems in finding the drive, making partitions etc.

I guess this means that there are no HW or wiring problems and that the
problems lies within the isp(4) driver.

Suggestions?

--
Ingeborg Østrem Hellemo  --  ingeborg@cc.uit.no  (Univ. of Tromsø, Norway)