Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:20:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        julian@elischer.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hang on flushing buffers w/today's -CURRENT, SMP system

>Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:43:54 -0800 (PST)
>From: Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>

>> FreeBSD/i386 (freebeast.catwhisker.org) (cuaa0)

>> login: boot() called on cpu#0
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop...stopped
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `bufdaemon' to
>> stop...stopped
>> Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `syncer' to stop...stopped

>> syncing disks... 7 7

>can you hit <CTL><ALT><ESC> and get into the debugger?

I modified the kernel so I can send a break to get debug, but...

>> So, yes, Julian, I think there's something not quite right there.

>> How can I help debug this?

>First I'm going over the diff to look for anything suspicious..
>I didn't think I had changed any locking....

It seems to have been a one-off, and I upgraded to today's -CURRENT
without problem.

Cheers,
david       (links to my resume at http://www.catwhisker.org/~david)
I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.