Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:21:13 -0700
From:      merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
To:        Jules Gilbert <jules.stocks@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java-request@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: this is probably a little touchy to ask...

>>>>> "Jules" == Jules Gilbert <jules.stocks@gmail.com> writes:

Jules> Now, if Oracle won't adjust their thinking, I intend to look at Java
Jules> sub-systems that are supplied and built by other people than Oracle.
Jules> (It's called Open Source.)

And that's what I tried to say in my last few posts.  Given Oracle's
apparent stance to own Java not by copyright but by patent, it doesn't
*matter* that Java is "open source".  We'll have to wait until Oracle
v. Google is decided, but unless Google can invalidate Oracle's
*patents* on Java, Java is effectively dead, unless you want to sleep in
Oracle's bed.

<merlyn@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>;