Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:56:27 -0700
From:      Parker Brown <phbrown@gte.net>
To:        Tech Support <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppp: Can No Longer Complete Login To Internet

This is new, and I can't recall any changes I've made to cause this.

In ppp, after the adtd9999999 I get the usual "Connect 49333......" and
the the Login and Password prompts.  As usual this gives me the
"Entering PPP...." statement, an IP address, and the the usual "MTU
1524."

All this is normal, but usually at this point I *always* have to press
enter (again) before the process is completed and the ppp prompt changes
to PPP.  But now, it just hangs.  No matter how many times I press
enter, it doesn't respond.  Getting out of term (by entering ~.) just
hangs at that point, and I have to completely shut ppp down before
trying  - unsuccessfully today -  again.

Can anyone help?

PB