Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:26:20 +0300
From:      "Ville Lundberg" <kelso@welho.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Install of 4.8 hangs after recognising harddrives

It seems like the install hangs on the probing of the next hardware,
whatever that is. I tried to install without any harddrives connected, and
it hung after the line that was previously before the HD probe.
How could I get to know what part hangs the install? What comes (usually?)
after the HD probe? I tried to get a debug screen with alt-f2 but it didn't
work (the install is not far enough?)

The probe list was something like
ppc0 yada yada
plip0 yada yada
ad0 yada yada at ata0-master, UDMA100
ad1 yada yada at at0-slave, UDMA66

and then it hung. If I disconnected the HDs, it hung after the plip0 line.
Any help appreciated,
  --Ville

--
Ville Lundberg   ville.lundbergATwelho.com   http://www.hut.fi/~vlundber