Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2017 10:06:56 -0500
From:      qjail1 <qjail1@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   os of system fetching port source

My port has it's source hosted on sourceforge.net. That site has
function that shows the count of times the port source file has been
downloaded along with the country and operating system type of the
computer requesting the download. 99.9% of the time the operating system
is "unknown". I can only assume those are downloads originating from
FreeBSD systems using the "make install" method. I believe the port
system uses a fetch/ftp call to download the ports source file from
where ever it's hosted at.

Is there some fetch/ftp option to tag the ports system download request
with the operating system the request is coming from?