Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:13:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeff Wheat <jeff@cetlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Alpha port Questions

Good day everyone,

        I have a few questions regarding FreeBSD-3.2 for the alpha
platform. I have the system installed and running just fine. My problem
however is with the ports collections. I am running FreeBSD on a Dec
AlphaStation 250 4/266. When I attempt to build most things in the
ports collection by typing "make" in a port directory, configure will
do something to the tune of "alpha--FreeBSD" when configure tries to
guess the system type. Going directly into the port work directory
and running configure by hand usually will return "alpha-unknown-FreeBSD".
The TCSH port and package both return the following:

alpha # set
version tcsh 6.08.00 (Astron) 1998-10-02 (i386-unknown-FreeBSD) options 8b,nls,d
l,al,sm,rh,color
alpha# file /usr/local/bin/tcsh
/usr/local/bin/tcsh: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, Alpha, version 1 (FreeBSD), stri
pped

This is of course very wrong... Are there any fixes or work arounds for this?

Many thanks in advance... Please reply directly to me as I am not yet subscribed
to any of these lists.

Best regards,
Jeff

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------