Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:49:23 +0200
From:      Martin Karlsson <mk-freebsd@bredband.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   whitespace question

Hi,

Regarding whitespace, which of the following two alternatives (from a
diff) is correct? The reason I ask is that emacs seems to add some extra
indentation when faced with a linebreak in the middle of a tag.

       <procedure>
         <step>
           <para>Get a POP or IMAP daemon from the <ulink
-            url="../../../../ports/mail.html">ports collection</ulink> and install
+               url="../../../../ports/mail.html">ports
             collection</ulink> and install
             it on your system.</para>
         </step>

This is with (indent-tabs-mode nil), (sgml-indent-step 2), and
(sgml-indent-data t) set in my .emacs. (But that shouldn't matter, since
the docs set local variables, right?)

How do I make emacs do the right thing?

Regards,
--