Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 00:53:48 +0100
From:      "Kristian Larsson" <kristian@zarknet.tk>
To:        "Doug Barton" <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: hello; thanks everyone

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Barton" <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To: "Kristian Larsson" <kristian@zarknet.tk>
Cc: <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: hello

> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Kristian Larsson wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > I'm new to both this list and FreeBSD, so be gentle ;)
>
> Welcome aboard. Let me (gently) instruct you in a few items related to how
> we use our mailing lists. First, new users should probably subscribe to
> and read freebsd-questions. This will give you a pretty good introduction
> to how things work around here. Second, for new users especially, you
> should send all questions to that list first. There are some really smart
> people who read it, and they are generally pretty friendly. If you need to
> send your question to a more specific list, they can tell you which one.
>
> It makes everyone's life easier if you use a more meaningful subject line
> on your e-mail. For your question, something like "How do I see NAT'ed
> connections?" would be good.
>
> Last but not least, I also suggest that you subscribe to freebsd-newbies.
> This is a discussion list where new users can talk to one another about
> their experiences.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Doug

thanks for the info, though I do must ask, regarding "how things work around
here"
do you always reply without answering to the actual question, around here?
do you always reply with two mails, around here?
;) couldn't help myself..

well, I'll subscribe to those lists... bet we'll be seing each other again,
when I've got passed the "newbie"-level..

oh, and really fast response..

kind regards,
Kristian