Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:54:18 -0800
From:      Eric Dannewitz <ericdano@jazz-sax.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Moving FreeBSD 4.1 to new HD

I just bought a new Western Digital IDE drive to replace my Maxtor drive
in my FreeBSD machine. I'd like to move the whole FreeBSD system to the
new drive.

Can someone please post the easiest way to do this? What steps should I do?

I searched the archives and there was no clear procedure to do this.

Thanks in advance!

--
Back up my hard disk? I can't find the reverse switch!

Eric Dannewitz - Adventurer, saxophonist, good-timer (crook? quite possibly), clarinetist, manic self-publicist, part-time flautist(flutist?), macintosher, and often thought to be completely out to lunch. http://www.jazz-sax.com