Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2001 05:24:03 -0400
From:      "Dennis Mathiasen" <dennislm@dreamscape.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Recovering from clobbered boot manager?

> Okay, the difficulty though is that I had clobbered my boot
> manager with a
> Win2K install (dual-booting) and the CDROM doesn't give you the boot0cfg
> command.

I've made this mistake as well, but on 4.1.  I booted from the normal
install cd and chose custom install.  Next chose partition.  At the next
screen just type 'q' and the boot manager screen comes up.  Choose 'standard
boot manager'.  Then quit the install and everything works fine.

Dennis Mathiasen
dennislm@dreamscape.com