Date:      Wed, 01 Jul 2009 00:53:59 +0200
From:      "Herbert J. Skuhra" <h.skuhra@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble Upgrading VIM

At Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:15:06 -0400,
APseudoUtopia wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I emailed the list about two weeks ago, but received no responses. I'm
> having problems upgrading the VIM-Lite port from version 7.2.171 to
> 7.2.209. I'm getting the following error:
>
> => 7.2.041% doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/vim.
> => Attempting to fetch from http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/.
> fetch: http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.2/7.2.041%: Bad Request
>
> This "Bad Request" continues for all the mirrors of the patch file. It
> seems that a percent sign is being appended to the URL for some
> reason. I was informed on IRC that this was a known problem and it was
> corrected some time ago. I have been updating my ports tree both daily
> (via the cron option) and immediately before I try updating. I use
> Portsnap to update the tree. This did not solve the problem. I then
> deleted my entire ports tree, along with all files in
> /var/db/portsnap, then ran portsnap fetch extract. After extracting an
> entirely new ports tree, the error upgrading VIM-Lite still occurred.
>
> Any ideas on how to solve this problem? It's been going on for some time now.

The vim port uses a modified patch and therefore the file was renamed
(7.2.041%). It's not available from the official vim mirrors.

Don't hit "^C" during make fetch. The last site will serve you the file.

=> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/obrien/.
7.2.041%                                      100% of   21 kB   38 kBps

Or run:

# cd /usr/ports/distfiles/vim/
# fetch ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/obrien/7.2.041%

- Herbert