Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:14:12 +0530
From:      Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Local package mirror

Hello,

I am trying to get a Network install working on my local network. I
have been able to successfully create a NFS export of the installation
disk and perform a install from there. The target machines boot over
PXE and fetch "stuff" from the NFS.

However I am unable to figure out how to get the packages working. I
have a list of about 180 packages which needs to be installed. But I
am unable to figure out how to go about it. I would like to use
precompiled packages, but the CD do not contain the packages I am
looking for. One of the option is to mirror the whole package
directory from the freebsd mirrors, but that story involves a lot of
data transfer and bandwidth. Is there something obvious I am missing?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Subhro