Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 22:07:12 -0800
From:      Nathan Ferris <nferris@spider.innercite.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        nferris@spider.innercite.com
Subject:   not working

Hello,
	I'm trying to install FreeBSD onto a 486/DX2 - 66. I have two hard
drives (both IDE): C: = 400 Megs, D: = 1.6GB. I downloaded all of the
bin files from the 2.1.6 release plus all of the manpages files. I also
got fips, rawrite, restorrb, bootinst, and boot.flp. I used rawrite to
copy the boot.flp image to a 3.5 1.44 MB floppy. Then I tried to boot
off the floppy. Didn't work. SO then I used Fips to partition my D:
(1.6GB) hard drive. Didn't work. Used Bootinst. DIdn't work. DId the
same thing to the C: drive. Didn't work. I have downloaded the boot
image twice and rawritten it twice, but it still doesn't work. Can
anyone help me? Thanks

Nathan Ferris
nferris@spider.innercite.com