Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:51:46 -0500
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sten_Daniel_S=F8rsdal?= <lists@wm-access.no>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Source MAC addresses when bridge(4) used

Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-Jan-07 18:58:18 -0500, Sten Daniel Srsdal wrote:
>> Peter Jeremy wrote:
>>> I've just noticed an number of unpexected "IP address changed MAC"
>>> messages on one of the hosts in my network.  It is connected via a
>>> FreeBSD bridge to the rest of my network (there aren't enuf network
>>> ports in my son's bedroom).  The configuration looks like:
>> Does moving 192.168.123.36 to the bridge interface help?
>=20
> That gets rid of the "IP moved from MAC to MAC on NIC" messages.
> It doesn't really address the questions I raised about why I'm
> getting them but I think getting rid of them will do for now.
>=20

The exact logic why this happens eludes me. Putting the IP address on
the bridge interface has been considered the correct way on the bridge
implementations that has an actual logical bridge interface I've come
across. It is, as far as i understand, to address the problems you
described.

--=20
Sten Daniel S=F8rsdal