Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:00:41 -0500
From:      Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@goldmark.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Subject:   Re: Identifying cause of crash

On Apr 17, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> Is there some setting I should set so that in future crashes will
> be dumped there [/var/crash]?

Never mind,  I've just found what I needed in man rc.conf, I've now
set dumpdev and dumpdir in rc.conf and am rebuilding the kernel with
debugging.

It's been a long time since I've looked at a core dump, and I don't
think I've ever looked at a kernel dump.  And now I'm not sure
whether I want the system to crash again (so that I can try to figure
out what the problem is) or not.

Cheers,

-j