Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 1995 10:52:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        vroberts@emanon.net (Vince Roberts)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lynx Cursor-Anchor Problems

>   1) When Lynx displays a page,all the LINKS (Anchors?) are in REVERSE VIDEO.
>
>      I would like to get it so only the LINK i'm on is HIGHLIGHTED (ie REVERSE VIDEO),
>      the other links should be in BOLD and (the reverse video should "follow" the cursor).

I reported this as a SYSCONS problem with clearing with attributes set,
on the theory that an attribute setting toggles the colormap in use and
clears should use a default colormap.

> Q1. Does it sound like i need ncurses at all, or is it something else causing
>     the Cursor/Highlight/Bold problem?

It's the console driver.

> Q2. Are you aware of any problems with FreeBSD2.0, the ncurses Package and Lynx 2.4.2?

Yes.  Check the respective bug archives, they are too large to post here.  8-).

> Q3. Any general advice on proceeding with ncurses (installation and re-make with lynx)?

Only that FreeBSD already runs ncurses.  8-).

> Q4. Im using Vt100 terminal emulation on a dialup account.
>     and I do a   stty term vt100 command  at the beginning of each session.
>
>     Am I missing something here?

The regular termcap is not the same as the VT100.  You should either use
the FreeBSD termcap entry for cons25 on your remote machine, or you should
build your kernel to use pccons instead.  It eulates a vt100 (102, actually).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.