Date:      Fri, 01 Jun 2012 21:32:53 -0400
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ruby@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ruby 1.9 as default

Hi All,

I think we should try to make Ruby 1.9 the default Ruby again and would
like to see it done before 9.1 is released. I've submitted a patch which
does this and requested and exp-run from portmgr.

I would like to get feedback on this idea. If you have experience with
Ruby 1.9 as default, good or bad, please speak up. You can test this by
setting RUBY_DEFAULT_VER=1.9 in /etc/make.conf or editing Mk/bsd.ruby.mk
and setting the same variable there.

Thanks,
Steve